Monday, May 16, 2011

My Learning Experience

Throughout this year in this Biology class I have learned quite a bit about myself and my ability to learn. At the beginning of the year, as a lot of people may have noticed, I was having trouble doing my work, because I was more focused on talking to friends than i was on the task at hand. During the first semester I got a B in the class because at the end of the second quarter I quickly did all of my blog posts. I tried a lot harder the second semester though. I did most of my blog posts on time and when I was supposed too. I realized that the hardest part of the class wasn't the work, but having the motivation to actually do it. Being a procrastinator doesn't work well in a "do it yourself" kind of class, where it's up to you to do your work, and if you don't, you fail. I learned something else about how I learn though, and what I learned is that even though I get more done when I work alone, I won't understand it as well as if I work in a group. It's kind of like a double edged sword, because even though I can get more done alone, the quality of my work isn't as good. And if I work in a group, even though what I do get done is better, I won't do as much work. Around the end of this school year, I learned that when I do something, I can't just do it well enough to get by, I need to try my best so that I can reach my full potential. Next year I'm going to need to buckle down and do my work right off the bat, instead of waiting until the last minute. I need to try be more of a positive influence on the class by doing what I'm supposed to. And probably most important of all, I need to make sure I fully understand everything that I'm doing in the class. In order to do this, I'll sit next to people with which I can work well consistently and without getting off topic with. I'll make sure to ask questions when I don't understand something. And I'll tell people (Tyler) to leave me alone if they're distracting me. Other people might be able to help me stay on topic but in the end it's all on me to do my best. So even though I'm not going to promise I do better next year in Anatomy and Physiology, I can promise that I'll try my best.

No comments:

Post a Comment